Heraclitus’ quote “The only constant in life is change” fits into almost everyone’s life. Taking up ‘change’ as a storyline, a wide range of topics are available to deliver it as change is a part of every event of our lives. The short film ‘Maatram’ deals with change through love life. Revolving around Dev and Priya’s first ever meeting with their parents hoping to get them married.The short film seems to be highly common with nothing new in it until the real storyline unravels with Dev’s question. The short film not only deals with change but also deals with a dangerous social issue of leaking out girl’s intimate pictures for going against her guy.
Directing a story is not as cheesy as a love tale that too with a wide storyline like ’change’ it needs more attention, as direction decides how clear and flawless a storyline is conveyed to the audience. The director has done a very good job by making his audience understand his point clearly. The short film also tells us some basics of situation handling and the importance of clarity in decisions that need to be taken as quickly as it can be made. Unlike the short film’s perspective not all people have passed as they are first in everyone’s life but the short film is undoubtedly right in standing by their point against judging a person on any incident from their life.
It is the dialogue that carries the strength and emotion of a scene. A single unsuited dialogue can change the emotion of a scene. The short film’s dialogues are quite impressive especially Arjun’s dialogues are powerful enough to spread hatred and disgusting mindset towards his character. Dev being a police officer confidently faces Arjun’s treat but in reality majority of people in a situation similar to dev’s are not policemen. Making dev a non-policeman and yet delivering a fitting reply to arjun as powerful as before could have had more social impact.
A successful screenplay never gives space for their viewers to get bored and also keeps them engaged throughout the film. This short film has a brilliant screenplay and keeps their audience very curious to know what Arjun would have told dev and dev’s reply to that. It also doesn’t fail to make the audience see the change and their views on accepting change open- mindedly amidst the curiosity.
Written and directed by “Sujai R Bojarajan”
1 stars for story
0.6 star for direction
1 star for screenplay
1 star for effort
0.3 star for plot twist
Overall rating for this short film 3.9/5
Watch this short film now!
This Post Credits goes to:
Want to review for your short film? Reach out shortfundly team. You will get a PAID short film review and FREE promotion from them.
Latest Short film Videos from shortfundly:
Also read latest short film reviews from shortfundly team:
- “A Driver Story” – Latest Telugu Short Film – Review & Rating – 3.0/5
- Chutney – Hindi Short film review & rating – 3.5/5
- Durga – Hindi Short film review & rating – 3.0/5
- Devi – [Kajol – Hindi Short film review & rating – 4.0/5]
- Everything is Fine – Hindi short film – Review & Rating – 3.0/5
- Baatein – Mental Health Hindi [Short Film – review & rating – 3.0/5]
- The Relationship Manager Short film by Falguni Thakore – Review & Rating – 3.5/5
- Oru Naal, Oru Aal | Tamil [Short Film review & rating – 4.0/5]
- Neethone Eppatiki – [Telugu Shortfilm review & rating – 3.8/5]
- Tindey by Royal Stag [Shortfilm review & rating – 3.8/5]
Shortfundly is an online technology and design-focused, data-driven platform company that curates and shares the best short films and stories through our global multi-platform network. Our video and editorial platform enables a global audience to easily discover, watch, and share unique stories anywhere on their desktop and mobile devices.
Our vision is to continually grow the community of short film audiences to enable a wide and accessible market reach for short films and become the leading micro-cinema/short film platform.
Please visit http://www.shortfundly.com to learn more about us
check out our posts related to short film Review & Rating :-
- Top 100 Kannada short film Review & Rating: https://blog.shortfundly.com/shortfilm-review/top-100-kannada-short-movie-reviews/
- THATHA- Award winning short film | written and Directed by Raja.N :- https://blog.shortfundly.com/shortfilm-review/top-100-kannada-short-movie-reviews/
- Sorry Aadhya – Latest Telugu short film review & rating : https://blog.shortfundly.com/shortfilm-review/sorry-aadhya-latest-telugu-short-film-review-rating-4-4-5/
- Edhu Thevaiyo Adhuve Dharmam – Tamil short film review & rating:https://blog.shortfundly.com/shortfilm-review/edhu-thevaiyo-adhuve-dharmam-tamil-short-film-review-rating-4-3-5/
- Silent chirping – an Assamese short film by Jugal Kishore Nath. Review and ratings : https://blog.shortfundly.com/shortfilm-review/silent-chirping-an-assamese-short-film-by-jugal-kishore-nath-review-and-ratings-3-9-5/
- The deal – A short film by Vysakh M – Review & Rating:https://blog.shortfundly.com/shortfilm-review/the-deal-a-short-film-by-vysakh-m-review-rating-3-7-5/