Have you made a short film? It’s time to nominate & get a cash prize.
Shortfundly acts as a connecting platform for filmmakers and showcases individual talents in the film industry. Every month, we conduct a contest and get a chance to win ₹10,000.
This form is only for filmmakers based in India.
Standard submission Fee – ₹599 per submission (full refund if not featured)
Next deadline : DEC 30, 2020
Short Film Submission Form
Short Film Evaluation Process
- Submit your Short Film
- You have worked tirelessly on your short film, and it is finally complete. Share it with the world on Shortfundly, and receive the recognition it deserves. Fill the form above to submit your short film. You can submit Youtube, Vimeo, or Google Drive links.
- Short film Review
- All the short films that are selected get reviewed by the team. It usually takes 8-10 business working days for the review process. The short film is evaluated on the key aspects like story, screenplay, production, and performances.
- Short Film Nominee
- All the short films that are selected get reviewed and featured on the Shortfundly website in the nominee’s section. If your short film is not selected, your entire fee will be refunded.
- Short Film of the Day
- All the nominees with public links are placed on a queue to appear as ‘Short Film of the Day’. SOTD is awarded based on the ratings given by the team. Your film competes with other films added around the same time. It usually takes 12-15 business working days for a nominee to show/or not show up as ‘Short Film of the Day’.
- Short Film of the Week
- All the nominees with public links are placed on a queue to appear as ‘Short Film of the Week’. SOTW is awarded based on the ratings given by the team. Your film competes with other films added around the same time. It usually takes 12-15 business working days for a nominee to show/or not show up as ‘Short Film of the Week’.
- Pick of the Festival Circuit
- All the nominees with private links and traveling film festivals are placed in a queue to appear as ‘Pick of the Festival Circuit’. POFC is awarded based on the ratings given by the team. Your film competes with other films added around the same time. It usually takes business working 12-15 days for a nominee to show/or not show up as ‘Pick of the Festival Circuit’.
- Short Film of the Month
- Based on the score of Shortfundly team’s rating, the highest-scoring film will be awarded ‘Short Film of the Month’ (SOTM). All submissions made between the first and the last day of the month are eligible for the prize for that respective cycle.
- The winner will receive a cash prize of ₹10,000.
- The result will be announced by the 20th of the following month. Please note that all SOTM entries are also eligible for ‘Short Film of the Year’.
- Short Film of the Year
- The submissions for ‘Short Film of the Year, India 2020′(SOTY) have now closed. All submissions made starting April 2020 will be considered for ‘Short Film of the Year, India 2021’. The SOTY winner will be chosen by the score of our Shortfundly team’s rating.
- Filmmaker Profiles
- Filmmakers will also have the opportunity to create their personal Shortfundly profile that will be linked to all their submissions on Shortfundly as well as showcase more information about their professional work.
- Film Festival Submission, Distribution, OTTs, Revenue
- OTT and VOD platforms are constantly scouting for interesting short films. If we feel your short film makes the cut, we will pitch it to the most relevant platforms and will help you with the revenue model and the release.
- We are also working with selected filmmakers on our platform and helping them with film project funding (via crowdfunding model).
The short film should be under 60 minutes in duration and should not contain offensive or pornographic material. The person submitting it should either own the content or have the required distribution license and should not be plagiarising or copying content from another. All short films that are submitted must be shared in their original language. Subtitles should be present for all short films.
All the short films that are selected get reviewed and featured on the Shortfundly website. Additionally, the ‘Short Film of the Day’ and ‘Pick of the Festival Circuit’ get shared across our social media platforms and through our distribution partners. If your short film does not meet the minimum criteria to be featured, the entire fee will be refunded. The winner of ‘Short Film of the Month’ will receive a cash prize of ₹10,000.
We review the short films and embed the Youtube/Vimeo link along with it. We also add detailed information of the short film including posters, teasers(if available), cast and the crew. For short films traveling in the festival circuit, we add the festival information.
It takes approximately 8-10 business working days to go live on the website.
Unfortunately, No. We showcase the best short films with our viewers which is why not all short films get featured. They are judged for screenplay, direction, production and performances.
Yes, you can. If you wish to keep your short film private, you can share a private link with us. For Vimeo links with a password, please add the password next to the link in the form. We also accept Google Drive links. Private links are only for internal reviewing purposes and won’t be shared anywhere publicly. Vertical posters of the short film & Director biography is mandatory with social channels link.
Yes, you can share a private link with us. For Vimeo links with a password, please add the password next to the link in the form. We also accept Google Drive links. Private links are only for internal reviewing purposes and won’t be shared anywhere publicly. They will not be playable on the website.
Yes, we take pride in showcasing regional short films. It should have English subtitles.
If selected, your short film will never be removed from the website. However the filmmaker can notify us if they wish to remove their short film.
Shortfundly only reviews and showcases your content. We have zero ownership of the short films you submit. It remains a property of the short film content creator.
Yes, you will be notified if your film does not get nominated. However after nomination, only filmmakers who progress to next rounds (Short Film of the Day, Short Film of the Year etc.) will be notified.
Unfortunately, your short film did not qualify for further rounds.
This is because you submitted a private link. Please share a public Youtube/Vimeo link with us to make it playable. Youtube unlisted links also work.
Shortfundly is an online technology and design-focused, data-driven platform company that curates and shares the best short films and stories through our global multi-platform network. Our video and editorial platform enables a global audience to easily discover, watch, and share unique stories anywhere on their desktop and mobile devices.
Our vision is to continually grow the community of short film audiences to enable a wide and accessible market reach for short films and become the leading micro-cinema/short film platform.
Please visit http://www.shortfundly.com to learn more about us