Chaturvedi is a delightful 31.17-minute crime-based short film that features Divya Gummalla as a criminal cop who feels like a different film when she is on screen. This isn’t an unusual tagline for a crime film. But the concept of imagination and creativity is easier imagined than created. It begins with Chaturvedi, seemingly enjoying train travel with Krishna Chaitanya between Vijayawada to Coimbatore. This portion is cleverly designed. The scene switches to a highway here expected a trick, yes, but it’s hard not to admire the “prestige” of it. It’s at this moment you feel like scrolling back to the beginning of the film and looking for signs.
Twists are the most important sounds of the film – the motion and background score are designed to work in sync so that the abrupt silences that follow the story feel all the louder. The short film is what one might call “crime porn”.
No matter what point you start watching such films at, the same action is being stretched through fancy camerawork, slow-motion, and a jarring background score. A man on a train remains a man on the train till the end of eternity. If you miss half of the film – the idea remains twisted, and the next half will go about exploiting a moment that should have been done away within the very first minute. Because, we have started to “relate” too farfetched plots – it’s no more as futuristic as we imagine.
Things are not as they seem. There has to be a catch. One of the filmmaker’s favorite sleight-of-hand tricks in the shorter format is to present a situation as a story before using the audiovisual medium to execute a twist that completely inverts our perception of the story.
To watch this interesting crime film, check the link below
Follow this short film actress in shortfundly and get his next film releases, news, etc.,
If you want to review for your short film, reach out shortfundly team. You will get a PAID short film review and FREE promotion from them.
Latest short film review from shortfundly:
- Durga – Hindi Short film review & rating – 3.0/5
- Devi – [Kajol – Hindi Short film review & rating – 4.0/5]
- Everything is Fine – Hindi short film – Review & Rating – 3.0/5
- Baatein – Mental Health Hindi [Short Film – review & rating – 3.0/5]
- The Relationship Manager Short film by Falguni Thakore – Review & Rating – 3.5/5
- Oru Naal, Oru Aal | Tamil [Short Film review & rating – 4.0/5]
- Neethone Eppatiki – [Telugu Shortfilm review & rating – 3.8/5]
- Tindey by Royal Stag [Shortfilm review & rating – 3.8/5]
- Yennai vittu pogathey – [Tamil Short film review & Rating – 4.1/5]
- Call him Eddy – [Short film review & Rating – 4/5]
Shortfundly is an online media company that curates and shares the best short films and stories from India through our global multi-platform network. Our video and editorial platform enable a global audience to easily discover, watch, and share unique stories from India anywhere on their desktop and mobile devices.
Our vision is to continually grow the community of short film audiences to enable a wide and accessible market reach for short films and become the leading micro-cinema/short film platform for India.